Makes approx. 16 pancakes
- 275g/10oz soda bread flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 50g/2oz castor sugar
- 75g/3oz blueberries
- 2 medium brambly apples, or Cox’s Pippins cored, peeled, & finely sliced
- 200 ml/7floz buttermilk
2. Add the beaten eggs with the buttermilk and stir into the flour and sugar, then add the blueberries and apples.
3. Stir gently to cover the fruit with the batter, then drop spoonful’s of the mixture into a heavy base fry pan, greased with ‘Cookeen’.
3. When bubbles appear on top, the pancakes are ready for turning to cook out on the other side.
4. Cool on a wire rack, covered with a clean tea towel and serve with butter and/or jam!
Can be re heated in the microwave, wrapped in kitchen roll