- 12 baby vine tomatoes
- 450g/16oz chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 small leeks, washed & finely chopped
- 275g/10oz pasta, cooked ‘Trottole Tricolore’
- 175g/6oz cooking bacon, chopped
- black pepper & salt as necessary
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100g/4oz fresh grated cheddar
- 50g/2oz grated parmesan
- 1x 500g ctn Sainsbury’s cheese sauce *
- 1x 250g ctn vine ripened tomatoes & mascarpone sauce
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
2. Add the chicken and cook for a further 7-8 minutes stirring well from time to time. Then add the chopped leeks and continue to cook and stir from time to time for a further 6-7 minutes.
3. Turn down the heat and add the yoghurt, cartons of cheese & tomato sauces, the Dijon mustard and half of the parmesan and cheddar cheese. Stir over a gentle heat until the cheese melts and all the ingredients well combined, then leave to one side.
4. Cook the pasta for 7-8 minutes, or according to instructions, drain well in a colander, then mix with the sauce and pour into a large oven proof buttered dish.
5. Dot with the baby vine tomatoes, sprinkle with the remaining cheeses and bake in a pre-heated oven 200C/400F/Gas Mk6/ Aga Roasting oven for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned and heated through.
6. Sprinkle with flat leafed parsley and serve with a salad and some crusty bread
* If you have time and would prefer to make your own cheese sauce try this version:
Makes 600ml/1pt pf Cheese Sauce:
- 50g/2oz mature cheddar cheese
- 50g/2oz butter
- 50g/2oz flour
- 600ml/1pt milk
- 1 dsp Dijon mustard
- black pepper & salt